Thursday, April 5, 2012

Turkish Delights...

A few months back, I created a turkish delight ice-cream for our Cooking Club as I was on Dessert Duty and it was a hit! 
One of my all-time-classic flavourings is rose water, I love it in everything really. 
An ice cream churn / maker is ideal but if you don't have one you can just take it out of the freezer to break up a couple of times. 
I really do hope you try it, you will not regret it.






Turkish Delight Ice Cream

800ml pouring cream
200ml milk (I used full cream)
125gms strawberries, hulled and coarsely crushed
6 egg yolks
170gms caster sugar
2-3 tsp rosewater (Think I may have splashed in a little more!)
80gms turkish delight (about 3 pieces), diced.

Method.

1. Bring cream, milk and strawberries just to the simmer over a medium heat in a large saucepan.  

2. Whisk egg yolks, sugar and rosewater in a heatproof bowl until thick and pale, add cream mixture, whisk to combine. 

3.  Return pan to heat, stirring continuously until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon thickly (3-4 mins), strain into a bowl over ice. Refrigerate until chilled.

4. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions, the n fold in the diced turkish delight and freeze until required. Makes about 1.5 litres.

Try it for your next dinner party finale, served with chopped pistachios for a WOW ending!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Turkish delight is one of my all time favourites so I can imagine how divine this icecream must be.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divine is almost as good a description as you can get for it Tammi ;-)

      Delete